Yeah I know I am slow doing this but Invicta FC 6: Coenen vs. Cyborg has already come and gone and now Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino is the first Invicta FC featherweight champion.
I imagine there was strict drug testing so yes, The Cyborg did indeed defeat Marloes Coenen, the #1-ranked 145-pound female fighter according to the WMMA Rankings.
And she did it drug free.
But even thought that was the main event, which was far from all that happened that night...
Claudia Gadelha defeated Ayaka Hamasaki
Lauren Taylor defeated Sarah D'Alelio
Leslie Smith defeated Jennifer Maia
Jessica Penne defeated Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc
Joanne Calderwood defeated Norma Rueda Center
Mizuki Inoue defeated Bec Hyatt
Miriam Nakamoto defeated Duda Yankovich
Tecia Torres defeated Rose Namajunas
Emily Kagan defeated Ashley Cummins
Livia von Plettenberg defeated Kathina Catron
Happy that Jessica Penne won but sad that Duda Yankovich lost.
Well I'm sad that Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc lost too but she was fighting Jessica and unless they had a draw, somebody had to lose!
Fight of the Night went to Leslie Smith vs Jennifer Maia
Knockout of the Night went to Miriam Nakamoto who took Duda out via TKO with knees and punches in 2:08 of the first round.
Submission of the Night went to Jessica Penne who submitted Nicdali with a RNC at 4:57 of the first round.
Female MMA - News and Info about female mma fighters like Cristiane Justino, Amanda Nunes, Rose Namajunas, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Valentina Shevchenko, Jéssica Andrade and more MMA fighters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The last time I did a write up on Andrea "KGB" Lee. she was on a nine month suspension after she tested positive for diuretics aft...
-
Melanie Kohler-Edwards Dec. 10, 1981 Height: 5'6'' Wt: 120-lbs Record: 8 wins 4 losses 0 draws Preferred fighting style: ...
-
This is female MMA fighter Shannon Logan. This five foot six, 130 pound female grappler is trained not only in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, bu...
-
In the aftermath of the Gina Carano-Cris Santos fight, I was looking around for inspiration for today's entry. Here is a sample of the h...
-
Last night at UFC 200, Amanda Nunes submitted Miesha Tate to win the UFC bantamweight title. You know since Ronda lost the belt, that thing ...
-
New president urges women to learn karate India's first female president urged women to learn martial arts such as karate for self-defen...
-
Dutch female professional boxer, actress and kickboxer Lucia Rijker was born on December 6th, 1967 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Lucia has b...
-
Big MMA fan? Interest in female MMA seems to be growing, and this will no doubt help. A new TV show called "Ultimate Women Combat,...
-
You know sometimes I get too carried away with myself. I miss a lot (okay...almost all) the fight predictions. But sometimes I can actuall...
-
Mean Gina takes center stage in Elite Xtreme Combat Gina Carano is not your typical MMA fighter. Then again, the typical woman doesn...

No comments:
Post a Comment