In female MMA news today....
There's an article over at Bleacher Report by Josh Sanchez about the idea of bringing Kyra Gracie over to Strikeforce's women's division, which I think is a very good idea.
And speaking of Srikeforce, they have put a video up promoting the ( I know, I cant even go a week without saying it) Gina “Conviction” Carano vs. Chris “Cyborg” Santos fight.
The MMA promotion "MMA Big Show" had a 16 round card Saturday night (Saturday July 25th) called Unstoppable and on that card, Big Show had their first female mixed martial arts bout.
It was Erica Ellington, a freestyle fighter, took on Marissa Caldwell, a jiu jitsu specialist.
Marissa defeated Erica with an armbar at 2:33 of the first round.
(They didnt need a five minute round did they?)
Female MMA - News and Info about female mma fighters like Cristiane Justino, Amanda Nunes, Rose Namajunas, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Valentina Shevchenko, Jéssica Andrade and more MMA fighters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Melanie Kohler-Edwards Dec. 10, 1981 Height: 5'6'' Wt: 120-lbs Record: 8 wins 4 losses 0 draws Preferred fighting style: ...
-
The last time I did a write up on Andrea "KGB" Lee. she was on a nine month suspension after she tested positive for diuretics aft...
-
In the aftermath of the Gina Carano-Cris Santos fight, I was looking around for inspiration for today's entry. Here is a sample of the h...
-
This is female MMA fighter Shannon Logan. This five foot six, 130 pound female grappler is trained not only in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, bu...
-
You know sometimes I get too carried away with myself. I miss a lot (okay...almost all) the fight predictions. But sometimes I can actuall...
-
New president urges women to learn karate India's first female president urged women to learn martial arts such as karate for self-defen...
-
Big MMA fan? Interest in female MMA seems to be growing, and this will no doubt help. A new TV show called "Ultimate Women Combat,...
-
Last night at UFC 200, Amanda Nunes submitted Miesha Tate to win the UFC bantamweight title. You know since Ronda lost the belt, that thing ...
-
Marloes Coenen (born March 31, 1981 in Olst, Netherlands) is a Dutch mixed martial artist. Her brothers and grandfather were both into m...
-
Satoko Shinashi (born January 29, 1977) is a female Japanese mixed martial arts fighter. She specializes in sambo and jiu-jitsu and is kn...
No comments:
Post a Comment