On June 1st MMARising released their updated Women’s Mixed Martial Arts Rankings.
Of course you probably already know that this used to be the WAMMA Women’s Rankings, but so far MMARising has done a much better job of keeping the list updated.
One thing I really like on this list is that fighters who have not competed within the past 12 months are not eligible to be ranked, which takes their list out of the popularity contest level.
So here are a few of the top ranked female mixed martial artists they chose.
Featherweights (136-145 pounds)
1. Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos (10-1-0)
Of course Cris is gonna be number one. At 10 -1 and 0, who can stop her?
2. Hiroko Yamanaka (11-1-0)
Well for starters, Hiroko Yamanaka might be able to.
Since 2008, she has been on a 7 and 0 winning streak.
3. Amanda “Lioness of the Ring” Nunes (6-1-0)
We're gonna miss Amanda and Julie Kedzie facing off on June 18 in Dallas.
I was hoping to see if she could go 7-1.
4. Rin Nakai (10-0-0)
My "Dark Horse", Rin Nakai.
Cris has 7 inches on her in height, but I think Rin could go toe to toe with Cris in a punch out.
5. Milana Dudieva (6-1-0)
Another young lady with a long winning streak, Milana hasn't been defeated since her debut in 2009 at fightFORCE - Day of Anger.
You can see MMARising's whole list here:
http://www.mmarising.com/rankings/unified-womens-mixed-martial-arts-rankings/
Female MMA - News and Info about female mma fighters like Cristiane Justino, Amanda Nunes, Rose Namajunas, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Valentina Shevchenko, Jéssica Andrade and more MMA fighters.
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The last time I did a write up on Andrea "KGB" Lee. she was on a nine month suspension after she tested positive for diuretics aft...
-
Melanie Kohler-Edwards Dec. 10, 1981 Height: 5'6'' Wt: 120-lbs Record: 8 wins 4 losses 0 draws Preferred fighting style: ...
-
This is female MMA fighter Shannon Logan. This five foot six, 130 pound female grappler is trained not only in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, bu...
-
In the aftermath of the Gina Carano-Cris Santos fight, I was looking around for inspiration for today's entry. Here is a sample of the h...
-
Last night at UFC 200, Amanda Nunes submitted Miesha Tate to win the UFC bantamweight title. You know since Ronda lost the belt, that thing ...
-
New president urges women to learn karate India's first female president urged women to learn martial arts such as karate for self-defen...
-
Dutch female professional boxer, actress and kickboxer Lucia Rijker was born on December 6th, 1967 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Lucia has b...
-
Big MMA fan? Interest in female MMA seems to be growing, and this will no doubt help. A new TV show called "Ultimate Women Combat,...
-
You know sometimes I get too carried away with myself. I miss a lot (okay...almost all) the fight predictions. But sometimes I can actuall...
-
Mean Gina takes center stage in Elite Xtreme Combat Gina Carano is not your typical MMA fighter. Then again, the typical woman doesn...




No comments:
Post a Comment