Female MMA - News and Info about female mma fighters like Cristiane Justino, Amanda Nunes, Rose Namajunas, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Valentina Shevchenko, Jéssica Andrade and more MMA fighters.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Zoila Frausto versus Megumi Fujii Results
Well I'm stunned.
Zoila Frausto (10-1) defeated the (really) heavy favorited Megumi Fujii (now 22-1) last night at Bellator 34 to win the inaugural Bellator women's world title.
So what was going on with Megumi?
The "Queen of Submissions" (18 wins by submission) hardly even tried to get "The Warrior Princess" down on the mat.
And when she did, she took a beating from punches.
You have to hand it to Zoila, so far this year she has beaten the undefeated Megumi, Jessica Aguilar, Jessica Pene and Rosi Sexton.
And now she is the the first ever Bellator 115-pound champion.
The fight was scored 48-47, 49-46, 47-48.
And I am never going to predict a fight again.
Zoila Frausto versus Megumi Fujii Results, posted to http://femalemixedmartialartists.blogspot.com/ on October 29th, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The last time I did a write up on Andrea "KGB" Lee. she was on a nine month suspension after she tested positive for diuretics aft...
-
Melanie Kohler-Edwards Dec. 10, 1981 Height: 5'6'' Wt: 120-lbs Record: 8 wins 4 losses 0 draws Preferred fighting style: ...
-
This is female MMA fighter Shannon Logan. This five foot six, 130 pound female grappler is trained not only in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, bu...
-
In the aftermath of the Gina Carano-Cris Santos fight, I was looking around for inspiration for today's entry. Here is a sample of the h...
-
Last night at UFC 200, Amanda Nunes submitted Miesha Tate to win the UFC bantamweight title. You know since Ronda lost the belt, that thing ...
-
New president urges women to learn karate India's first female president urged women to learn martial arts such as karate for self-defen...
-
Dutch female professional boxer, actress and kickboxer Lucia Rijker was born on December 6th, 1967 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Lucia has b...
-
Big MMA fan? Interest in female MMA seems to be growing, and this will no doubt help. A new TV show called "Ultimate Women Combat,...
-
You know sometimes I get too carried away with myself. I miss a lot (okay...almost all) the fight predictions. But sometimes I can actuall...
-
Mean Gina takes center stage in Elite Xtreme Combat Gina Carano is not your typical MMA fighter. Then again, the typical woman doesn...

No comments:
Post a Comment