Female MMA - News and Info about female mma fighters like Cristiane Justino, Amanda Nunes, Rose Namajunas, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Valentina Shevchenko, Jéssica Andrade and more MMA fighters.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Kaitlin Young Update
I've made various mentions of Kaitlin Young here on this blog.
She's a top female MMA fighter that I think could be one of the top draws in the business.
Kaitlin was born September 15th, 1985 in Circle Pines, Minnesota.
Her current record is 4 and 2, with 3 of her wins by knockout.
Her last loss was to Gina Carano at EliteXC: Primetime.
Here is a write up by Jay Stephenson at Quad Community Press.com about Kaitlin......
Kicking, punching and elbowing her way to the top
by Jay Stephenson
BROOKLYN CENTER — It’s not often a girl in high school can grow up to earn a living participating in an activity that could land her a trip to the principal’s office and school suspension. But Circle Pines native Kaitlin Young is doing just that — and making her mother proud.
When Young graduated in the top of her class from Centennial High School in 2004, she probably didn’t expect that four years later she would be considered one of the top female athletes in a sport still considered controversial, especially for women.
You can read the full article here
Kaitlin Young Update, posted to http://femalemixedmartialartists.blogspot.com/ on 3-19-2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This is female MMA fighter Shannon Logan. This five foot six, 130 pound female grappler is trained not only in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, bu...
-
Kyra Gracie (born May 29th, 1985) (also spelled Kira), is the daughter of Flavia Gracie, and is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt. Her...
-
The last time I did a write up on Andrea "KGB" Lee. she was on a nine month suspension after she tested positive for diuretics aft...
-
Looking for some stuff on the web, I ran into two different stories about two different women that I think really shows the drive and determ...
-
While doing some work on my female MMA lenses over at Squidoo (RIP) I came up with a list of the most searched for female mixed martial arti...
-
Big MMA fan? Interest in female MMA seems to be growing, and this will no doubt help. A new TV show called "Ultimate Women Combat,...
-
Here are some links to the most popular female mma video across the net. Yes it was a slow news day, and I still haven't been able to ...
-
Jessica Aguilar by http://www.tomhillphotos.com/ This entry is a little different. I was contacted by Tom Hill who runs TomHillPhotos.com, ...
-
In the aftermath of the Gina Carano-Cris Santos fight, I was looking around for inspiration for today's entry. Here is a sample of the h...
-
Now that the dust has settled over the Carano vs. Cyborg fight, what's next for the newly crowned female MMA champ? Will she appear on t...

No comments:
Post a Comment