Female MMA - News and Info about female mma fighters like Cristiane Justino, Amanda Nunes, Rose Namajunas, Joanna Jędrzejczyk, Valentina Shevchenko, Jéssica Andrade and more MMA fighters.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Gina Carano defeats Tonya Evinger
Gina Carano defeated Tonya Evinger by choke submission in a 140-pound female bout.
Carano, who is considered the most popular female competitor in mixed martial arts, got on Evinger's back and then put on a rear-naked choke hold. Evinger submitted 2:53 into the first round.
"I pulled off a submission — my first one — so I was happy about that," Carano said. "But I didn't get to use any punches or kicks so I feel unfulfilled."
Carano improved to 5-0, while Evinger dropped to 5-2.
EliteXC officials announced after the bout that Carano would likely fight for an inaugural women's world championship in her next bout.
full article
technorati tags:mixed martial arts ,mixed martial art ,mixed martial arts fights ,mixed martial arts fighting ,mixed martial arts news ,female mixed martial arts ,martial arts karate ,martial arts ,martial art ,japanese martial arts ,filipino martial arts ,shaolin martial arts ,chinese martial arts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
The last time I did a write up on Andrea "KGB" Lee. she was on a nine month suspension after she tested positive for diuretics aft...
-
This is female MMA fighter Shannon Logan. This five foot six, 130 pound female grappler is trained not only in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, bu...
-
Melanie Kohler-Edwards Dec. 10, 1981 Height: 5'6'' Wt: 120-lbs Record: 8 wins 4 losses 0 draws Preferred fighting style: ...
-
In the aftermath of the Gina Carano-Cris Santos fight, I was looking around for inspiration for today's entry. Here is a sample of the h...
-
Last night at UFC 200, Amanda Nunes submitted Miesha Tate to win the UFC bantamweight title. You know since Ronda lost the belt, that thing ...
-
Ginele Marquez trains at Paulson's CSW (Combat Submission Wrestling) under Erik Paulson and Josh Barnett. She stands 5'3 and w...
-
New president urges women to learn karate India's first female president urged women to learn martial arts such as karate for self-defen...
-
Big MMA fan? Interest in female MMA seems to be growing, and this will no doubt help. A new TV show called "Ultimate Women Combat,...
-
You know sometimes I get too carried away with myself. I miss a lot (okay...almost all) the fight predictions. But sometimes I can actuall...
-
Marloes “Rumina” Coenen was recently ranked number one by MMARising in it's Unified Women’s Mixed Martial Arts Rankings. Female MMA Fig...

No comments:
Post a Comment